Located just a few miles from New York City, East Orange and its surrounding area is a treasure trove of things to do. Aside from the night life, parks, and tourist attractions in the city, there are plenty of other places to visit and enjoy near East Orange.
Being so close to bustling cities, we have numerous attractions nearby to suit the arts lover in you.
- The Newark Museum – Just a few miles east of East Orange, the Newark Museum offers educational and hands-on exhibits, a planetarium, classical antiquities, and much more.
- Prudential Center – This is your ticket to arts, entertainment, and special events! With performers like the Harlem Globetrotters, musical groups, and UFC fights, there’s always something going on nearby!
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center – A world-class performing facility, visitors can enjoy this educational, cultural, artistic, and civic center just a few miles from East Orange.
The city of East Orange works hard to ensure residents have educational and health resources available when needed. Here is just a sampling of what is nearby.
- Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges – With summer camps, children’s sports, and adult activities, there’s always something to do at the Y. The YMCA is located at 100 North Arlington Avenue.
- New Jersey Transit – The transit system offers low-cost transportation all around East Orange and its neighboring cities. Special passes are available for students!
- East Orange Public Library – The library offers computer classes, poetry cafes, gamers clubs, and more for any age! There are four branches from which to choose.
- East Orange General Hospital – In addition to general health services, the local hospital offers numerous community events that promote wellness among all of East Orange’s citizens. The hospital is located at 300 Central Avenue.